Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dollar Store Wreath

My front door needed some cheering up!! We have a plain white door and this year I wanted to brighten it up a little. I made a special trip to Dollar Tree and bought the "fixins" for a wreath to make the door look a little more like summer.



I bought 4 or 5 bunches of "permanent" flowers (some call them fake flowers, but since they never die they are permanent!!) and the wreath.

This is the kind of wreath I used, not sure what it is called. I was pretty surprised that they had the bigger size there.
Then I used my trusty hot glue gun and created the final product. My daughter and I bonded while doing this, she helped me the placement of each flower. So I guess this is her design. The sunflowers are my favorite, but I don't think there are enough of them on the front! It turned out pretty well for only spending $5 on the entire project!! Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

wow! this turned out so nice! and the best part is that you shared the project and time with your daughter...TFS this beautiful wreath here on your blog.

Martha said...

very pretty