Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friendly Faces travel Tic Tac Toe



I made this portable magnetic Tic Tac Toe game for my friend's daughter's 7th birthday. When ever we are out to dinner the kids can get a little bored or antsy. I thought it would be fun to make something the kids could play with and use their own faces!!
Last summer I found this little case at Target on sale - only $1.50. It had some travel game in it with a pad of paper and ... not sure what else. So I thought - this case must be good for something!
The colors didn't come out very well in the pictures but it was a very cute pink and purple (every 7 year old girl's favorite color combo!) , the letters are cut out with my Cricut (Mickey Font) and just used a hand punch for pictures. To play you just take out all your "faces" and close the case, play on the front cover. It was a big hit at the birthday party.
The pictures didn't come out very clear and the colors were much better IRL. Sorry about that, but I hope you get the main idea of the gift.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Becky said...

lovely lay out, love the tic tac toe.

Sherrie said...

cute lil' tin! Fun idea too!

Wendy said...

What an awesome idea!! I love the travel game idea, but using personal picutres is wonderful!! I might have to try this! TFS!!

Michelle said...

very very cute and clever..TFS!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a game on the go!! My kids all love playing tic tac toe!! And yours turned out too cute!