Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Home Made Envelopes

I LOVE making my own envelopes from themed wrapping paper. It is so much fun to send out birthday party invitations in colorful envelopes! I have found that you have to be careful with some of the paper. It may be too thin to go through the mail. I discovered that when my sister in law called and said she received an empty torn open envelope for her birthday! OUCH!! Mental note to self - don't use the thin paper for envelopes! This paper was from the Dollar Store.

This first set I used to send out invitations for one of my kid's birthday parties. The sizzix cute balloons were used as address labels. Very cute.


This set is just a generic paper for birthdays. I bought this paper at Costco and have found that it is very sturdy, great for the postal service.


Finally, I like to send out bills or ANYTHING in colorful envelopes. Here are some seasonal ones that I created with bulk card stock. I buy the paper just after a holiday (when it is the cheapest) and make a bunch of envelopes while watching TV at night (helps me not snack while watching!) I think my mailman actually likes seeing all the different papers, it makes him smile.

Each December I make enough envelopes to send out all of my Christmas cards, about 40ish. When the craft store, Recollections, was open I would take all my card stock there and use the envelope die cut to cut out all the envelopes. Then at home while watching reality TV shows glue them all together. To put addresses on I print out on AVERY address labels, that way they are on white stickers and the postal workers have no problems reading addresses.

To make the envelopes I use a template called Create-A-Lope from QVC. It has a bunch of different sizes in it and very easy to make. I use either tape (if in a hurry) or glue to seal up the sides.

Hope this isn't too confusing! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Hank hendricks said...

Beautiful and elegant homemade Gift Card envelopes...i'll try it if i find time.