Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Personalized Coasters

I made a BIG OOPS!! In one of my past posts I entered it wrong!! Don't go looking for it, because I deleted it! But I wanted to repost my personalized coasters. Splitcoast Stampers has a great tutorial for this process. Check it out here!

For Christmas 2006, I created about 40 coasters for my family with old family pictures from my mother's basement! Everyone was so surprised to see their face from elementary school or sports in high school. I love giving surprise gifts! Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of my first batch of coasters!! What was I thinking! Since then I've made quite a few. Here are a couple - Enjoy.


This is my nephew a few years ago. He was walking in the ocean while holding his dad's hand. So cute!!


A few years ago my Mom was getting some experimental chemotherapy in Buffalo NY. While there she stayed at a home named HOPE Lodge, I was hoping these would fit in with the theme of the house. I hope you can read the words on each of them.

Courage is like love; it must have Hope for nourishment.

Hope is a waking dream.

Hope is never lost only found.

What oxygen is to the lungs, such is hope to the meaning of life.

For these coasters I printed the sayings on tissue paper, then stamped the images, colored them in with colored pencils. Finally adhered with Mod Podge, and a spray sealer.


Another example is of a child's illustration of his grandfather!!! Too funny, this child drew what he thought his grandfather looked like, I scanned it in, printed out on tissue paper, then put it on a coaster. These were a big hit!


This is a coaster I made for a doctor's office. From her business card, (wish I had a copy of her card) I recreated the background, then I had a problem with the Chinese characters, scanning in the card didn't work - characters were too small!!! Fortunately for me one of my neighbors are from China so I asked her to translate (it means healthy) and help me write the characters. Presto, this is the result. She really liked it for her office.

This is just a couple of the millions I've created (not really just a couple hundred). TFL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful coasters.

Janet said...

wow these are soooooo cool!!! what a super idea!
hugs

Tracy said...

I absolutely LOVE the coasters with pics on them. Adorable!

Melanie said...

Adorable coasters!!!

Ginny said...

these all look fab, tfs :0)