Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Book of Life

Charlie Brown said it the best....

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-- Charlie Brown

My poor husband has been suffering with a knee injury that just won't heal. Last year he had 2 surgeries on the patella tendon, both on his right knee. He fell twice and is still recovering from it. I wish I had known about this in my "book of life" so I could look up an answer in the back! I was a teacher for about 17 years before my kids blessed my life, so I'm used to having the answers in advance!!! But this one is beyond my reach. Wish I had an answer for him, he is so frustrated and hating his crutches. I know he wants to go play catch with our kids, or help them learn to ride a bike, but he is seriously restricted by what he can do. It is a blessing that he can drive because he doesn't feel so trapped in the house. It has been more than a year since the second surgery and his physical therapy has run out. We may be going to get a second opinion soon. We pray every day for his knee to get better soon, I hope it is this month!

No comments: