Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Flag Bag

At the beginning of each summer I get the itch to make something that is related to our amazing FLAG.  I think it is because school ends and then the 4th of July is right around the corner. This is my project for this summer. 


The only part of this project I needed to buy was the inside fabric.  I had all the red, white and blue and the buttons.  To make this I just initially cut the dark blue fabric and then made the red and white stripes based on the size of the blue.  The blue behind the buttons is denim from a pair of jeans.  The same one from this bag.  Wanted to break up some of the blue and use a different shade. 


There are only 35 buttons for the states!!!  Not sure which states are NOT represented, but I had to evict 15 of them!!  Tee hee hee!  Just kidding, I got lazy with the buttons, guess I could have added more, maybe I will someday. 


I love the stars on the inside.  Makes it a little brighter and fun. 

Overall pretty easy project and useful!!  Love taking it to the store so everyone can see it. 

Thanks for looking and have a great day, 
Cathy

No comments: