Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Repurposing a Man's Neck Tie


I have a new fascination with zippers!!  Not sure how this happened but I've been looking on Pinterest and YouTube for any ideas that use zippers.  One that I came up with was to re-purpose a man's neck tie to something else. 

I started out with this Virginia Tech tie I bought at Goodwill.  It was about $3.00

Next I opened up the tie from the back.  I forgot to take a picture of this part, but it opens up to a rather wide piece of fabric.  Iron it flat and added some interfacing to make it a little stronger.

The end product was a small wallet that is almost big enough to hold my husband's iPhone 6.  I forgot to add some extra length in the zipper end so it didn't open up wide enough for the phone.

This is the inside, added some orange fabric that I had in a stash!






Tadaaaaa the final product!! It turned out pretty cute.

Thanks for looking
Have a great day.
Cathy

No comments: