Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Teacher Christmas Gifts

This year I saw an awesome idea for candy cane candle sticks. Thanks to The Mother Huddle I found my gifts for this year! I loved it and thought my kids' teachers would also love them! So darn easy to make too! Used my hot glue gun and some ribbon to make it look cute. The candles were 10 inches tall.

Made a couple with red candles, and a couple with white candles. Each teacher received 2 candles. They were a big hit with everyone, including the ladies in the office! They really admired them when I walked in the school.



This was the whole batch. I found it was pretty difficult to make the candles stand evenly. Some of the candy canes aren't exactly the same length! As you can see from the picture a couple were uneven! OOPS! But that is how you know they are homemade with LOVE of course! No one complained. Each one took 10 canes.

I even tried to make a candy cane holder with a 3 inch pillar candle. This was pretty cute! So, of course I had to keep it for myself!! Very cute and easy to make. This one took 30 candles, love it!
My second batch of homemade gifts included hot chocolate stirrers. My daughter and I dipped marshmallows in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes (I had enough of them left over!).

Finally, we dipped Christmas tree shaped pretzels in melted white chocolate and also sprinkled them with crushed candy canes. YUMMY!

This basket held the sweet treats.
Very cute!
Happy Holidays and a very happy healthy New Year!
Cathy

No comments: