Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Flowered Broom Handle

I was in search of a new broom for my kitchen. Apparently my family didn't understand when I explained that I didn't like to use my kitchen/house broom outside in the garage or yard. They of course thought I wouldn't find out!! But as we all know, Mom finds out everything!  So I went to Target in search of a new one to keep in the house.  I found this rather boring broom to keep IN THE HOUSE.  My next challenge was to make it obvious to the rest of the family that this is the house broom and it is to be kept in the house.      
I immediately went to my superiszed bottle of Mod Podge and fabric scraps.  I cut 2 inch strip of this fabric and just started the wrapping process.  It was very easy to apply the Mod Podge and wrap strips of fabric around the handle.  
   

Taa Daaaa!!!  I think it turned out pretty nice.  I like the colors (yellow is my favorite color.) and the green goes with the green bristles in the broom. 





















Thanks for looking and have a great day.  

Cathy


No comments: