Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My 1st Try at a Flag Cake

The flag cake was so cute, I had to try it myself. I used 2 boxes of white cake mix to make the entire cake. Started with white cake so I could add the red, white and blue food coloring.

Made cakes exactly according to Glory's instructions -

1 blue cake, with the center cut out
2- 8" red cakes
1- 8" white cake
She has
great directions on her site, check it out there.




I embellished with an exploding firework on top of my creation, but the colors are very bright. Note to self - use LOTS more food coloring next time!


Here is the inside of the cake. Turned out pretty nice! It was a big hit at our 4th of July celebration. Kids liked it.






Thanks for looking, and have a great day.
Cathy

1 comment:

Jenn Erickson said...

Cathy, it came out beautifully -- both inside & out!