Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cricut Card Swap

I was involved in a CRICIT card swap on SplitCoast Stampers. I wanted to break out of my comfort zone (try not to use stamps on a card) and use Cricut cut outs. It was quite a challenge for me, but I liked it! My library of Cricut cartridges is not very extensive which (I feel) limited my choices. Of course my first reaction was to run to Michaels or AC Moore and purchase a couple cartridges, but the hubby said NO to that idea!!

While looking through my cartridges I spied an example of a card in one of the manuals. Walk In My Garden had a cute Thank You card that I copied, oops - of course I mean used as my inspiration!!! My other obsession right now is to use the embossing folders as as embellishment. The background looks nice and I tried to use the same folder on the middle of the larger flower. Finally I used Crystal Effects to enhance the middle of that flower. It isn't really that shiny IRL, but the lighting makes it look that way.

This was my final product, I feel it turned out pretty well. Thanks for looking.

Have a geat day.

No comments: