Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Peppermint Patty Spiders

I've seen these cute spiders in many blogs and on SplitCoast Stampers. Finally, I tried to make my own. So easy!

These cute sweet treats start out with Peppermint Pattys and a couple SU punches (well, at least that is what I used!) They smell so good!


My daughter decided to help me create these cute little guys. I knew that she would want to use her own colors and the traditional Halloween colors would be out the window! She wanted to start with her favorite colors first - pink and purple! And, yes, one of these guys has a smile! I like it but my assistant wasn't really thrilled with it.
Then she wanted to used "crystal eyes" rather than the black googlie ones! This one is kinda cute!
Next, she wanted to make a couple for her Dad. Of course we went with the VIrginia Tech colors - orange and maroon. Go HOKIES!! Not sure if the colors look great or not, but that is what it is supposed to be!
She also wanted to make a couple for her brother! His color choice was red and orange!! Not sure where he got those colors from but if that is what he wanted, far be it from me to try to change his mind!
We even tried to make one that looked like it had hair on it. I used a white colored pencil on the black parts and a black pencil on the orange parts. Don't think the details came out very well, but they are there!
FINALLY, we used purple and yellow to show support for East Carolina University. Our niece is a freshman there and the colors look nice together.
My little angels will be sharing the spiders with their teachers this week. Hope they like them.

Thanks for looking!

Have a good time trying some of your own!

No comments: